Computer-aided translation (CAT)
Computer-aided translation (CAT), also called Computer-assisted translation, is a form of language translation in which a human translator uses computer software to support and facilitate the translation process. (Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-assisted_translation)
Computer-assisted translation is a broad and imprecise term covering a range of tools, from the fairly simple to the complicated, which mainly include:
1. Terminology tools, which allow the translator to manage his own terminology bank in an electronic form.
2. Translation Memory tools (TM tools), consisting of a database of text segments in a source language and their translations in one or more target languages.
3. Concordancers, which retrieve instances of a word or an expression and their respective context in a monolingual, bilingual or multilingual corpus.
4. Alignment tools, aligning a source text and its translation which can then be analyzed using a full-text search tool or a concordancer.
Taking advantage of previously translated source texts and their equivalent target texts in a database, CAT tools could retrieve related segments during the translation of new texts, and dramatically increase the productivity, accuracy, continuity, consistency, unity and efficiency of the translation work.
Based on 10+ years of practice and experience, our CAT experts could offer CAT Consultancy service to our valuable clients who have the intention to increase their translation efficiency and standard. A variety of tools could be selected for the CAT Consultancy service, such as SDL Trados, Dejavu X, MemoQ, Wordfast, Heartsome, Transit, etc. Through the efforts of introducing the CAT tools to Macao, we are expecting to popularize the CAT concepts and make use of the latest CAT technology to improve the overall standard of translation industry in the Region.
1. Seminars (Irregular): The clients can join the seminars that we hold for our in-house translators in a paid form.
2. Training Courses (Monthly): We could make proposal to the client's department, and hold regular CAT training courses, in a monthly paid form.
3. CAT Application (By project): We could help the clients to set up CAT systems, offering maintenance service and consultancy service.
ISO9001:2015 QMS Certification
BOSS Translation (Macao) has been striving to optimize its internal management since its establishment in 2011, in order to offer always-better quality to the customers.
In 2020, the Company was awarded with the ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System Certification, becoming the first translation company in Macao recognized with ISO certification.
The “Certified Shop” recognized by the Macau Consumer Council in 2016, and the ISO9001:2015 QMS Certification in 2020 demonstrate the Company’s unique characteristics of bringing value to the customers and make BOSS Translation one of the few choices in Macao.
Over the past decade since its establishment, our Company has been strictly controlling the translation process and striving to achieve the optimal translation quality of "Faithfulness, Expressiveness, and Elegance".
The "Certified Shop" recognized by the Macau Consumer Council in 2017, and the ISO9001:2015 QMS Certification reflect the Company's long-term translation experience and the accumulative know-hows, and enable Boss Translation to continue to provide customers with excellent translation services.
About BOSS Translation Macao
ISO9001:2015 Certified Professional Translation and Interpretation Service Provider in Macao since 2011, offering services such as translations, interpretations, Simultaneous Interpretation equipment lease, and tailor-made Computer-Aided Translation (CAT) solutions.
As the first Certified Translation Shop and the first Registered Translation Trademark in Macao, the company has been actively assuming its Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) by donating masks to SAR Government during the Covid-19 pandemic and distributing water after the Super Typhoon Hato hit Macao.